Top 20 reasons to give to the Tiger Woods Foundation
When golfer and philanthropist Tiger Woods launched the Tiger Woods Foundation with his father in 1996, he knew he wanted to leave a lasting impact on kids, their families and their neighborhoods. In the 20 years since, TWF has not only served hundreds of thousands of students, but it’s provided kids from under-served communities with opportunities that have radically changed their lives. From innovative, project-based STEM programs offered at TGR Learning Labs across the country, to the many unique, one-to-one college-access workshops within the Earl Woods Scholar Program, TWF has remained steadfast in its promise of offering kids the right resources to ensure lifelong success. In fact, our results are in the numbers. Take a look at the top 20 reasons why you should invest in the Tiger Woods Foundation with a tax-deductible donation.
- TWF has a four-star rating from Charity Navigator, the leading independent charity evaluator, for our proven commitment to transparency, efficiency, ethics and fiscal responsibility.
- We’re embarking on an ambitious expansion plan, bringing our unique philosophy and educational curriculum to millions of students and educators around the world.
- TGR Learning Lab programs reach 10,000 youth annually, creating future STEM leaders by encouraging them to explore careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Earl Woods Scholars have a 98 percent graduation rate, the highest of any scholarship program in the U.S.
- Our programs build character and foster a growth mindset, allowing students to find their inner grit, resilience and inquisitiveness.
- 97 percent of our Earl Woods Scholars are first-generation college students.
- TGR Learning Labs have served over 150,000 students to date, offering 50+ areas of study (think rocketry, engineering, biomed, coding, etc.).
- One thousand teachers annually benefit from professional development programs focused on STEM activities.
- Our college scholars are given 41 percent more in student aid than other youth who don’t receive financial application support.
- Fifty different school districts attend TGR Learning Lab programs each year.
- TGR EDU: Create, our professional development program, trains 200 high school counselors bi-annually.
- The Earl Woods Scholar Program provides first interview suits to all students in their junior year.
- Research shows that programs that foster positive youth development are critical to long-term success in life.
- 91 percent of TGR Learning Lab students report increased self-confidence, 82 precent report improved grades and 87 percent have future plans as a result of our programs.
- Eighty-five thousand girls have been introduced to STEM careers at TGR Learning Labs.
- 100 percent of Earl Woods Scholars are paired with a dedicated mentor and a summer internship opportunity.
- We’ve prepared over 10,000 parents to support their elementary, middle and high school children through college.
- 85 percent of our students (in California, Washington, D.C., and Virginia) live below the poverty line and 88 percent are minority.
- Each year at TGR Learning Labs, our students build 500 robots, launch 250 rockets, design 24 mobile apps, dissect 2,000 squid, analyze 2,000 fingerprints and build 100 bridges.
- For 20 years, we’ve championed breakthrough transformations and equipped students with the ability to exceed any and all expectations.
While our impact over the years has been great, our aim is to reach millions of students around the world. With your continued support, the Tiger Woods Foundation will be even closer to fulfilling our goal of raising $10 million by 2020. In this season of giving, we thank you for investing in a better and brighter future for our children.